[SciPy-user] Problems building SciPy-0.3 on OS X

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Tue Aug 10 16:46:05 CDT 2004

> Also try saving "interface" string to a file, then from a fresh Python
> session load the string, and apply subroutine_exp.findall to it. Will
> Python crash also then?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Here is the interface string, and a Python
script that does the check:

http://www.museweb.com/interface.txt
http://www.museweb.com/check_re.py

Running the script with MacPy 2.3.3 on 10.2.8 gives a segfault.  Running
it with /usr/bin/python works fine.  I've also tried it on a Sun machine
with python2.2.2 and a linux machine with 2.3.3 and it works fine on those,
too.  It appears this is a MacPy 2.3.3 bug (presumably in the re module).
I will copy this info to Pythonmac-Sig in the hopes that Jack or someone
else there can help.  I posted the original problem there with no response
yet.

If anyone out there is running Jaguar, I'd appreciate it if you'd download
the script and text and run it, and let us know if you get a segfault.

Thanks,
Tom