[SciPy-user] Weave problems

Bob.Cowdery at CGI-Europe.com Bob.Cowdery at CGI-Europe.com
Thu Aug 12 04:57:03 CDT 2004


Thanks for the suggestions. I added a PYTHONCOMPILED env var and deleted all
the intermediate and compiled files. Then compiled the two routines I have.
It did put the compiled files in the right place, still using the temporary
directory for intermediate files. It did however put an empty catalogue in
PYTHONCOMPILED dir and the real catalogue in my temporary directory under
python2_compiled which I don't understand. I think it helped slightly, I
still have to keep compiling until it works. Even though I don't change
anything it still rebuilds and then on other occations when I do change
something it refuses to rebuild!!

I also renamed the two plot files and they don't cause a problem now but I
would still like to know what they were doing.

In all other respects this is an excellent tool but this somewhat bizarre
behaviour detracts from its usability.

Bob 

-----Original Message-----
From: scipy at zunzun.com [mailto:scipy at zunzun.com] 
Sent: 11 August 2004 07:26
To: scipy-user at scipy.net
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] Weave problems


> When I try to run my application two things happen. I get a stream of 
> exceptions -

I had odd problems on Windows that require me to occasionally delete all of
weave's temporary files and then compile 'int a;' in a python script using
weave to kind of restart it.  I wrote a batch file to do this, and run it
whenever I get problems 
like these; 90% of the time they clear up for me and the other 10% are my
syntax errors.


> ...I am left with wgnuplot.exe and gnuplot_helper.exe
> between them taking 100% CPU and I have to kill those off
> as well.

Find and delete these two files, that was my solution.  No answer from the
mailing list on that one.

     Randy Phillips
     http://zunzun.com

_______________________________________________
SciPy-user mailing list
SciPy-user at scipy.net http://www.scipy.net/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/scipy-user/attachments/20040812/e007e453/attachment.htm


More information about the SciPy-user mailing list