[SciPy-user] gplt and xplt

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 12 17:18:36 CDT 2004

Stephen Walton wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 09:09, Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu wrote:
>

>>If you want to use gnuplot.py, you may want to try ipython
>

> Fernando is too modest.  If you want to do _anything_ with Python, you
> owe it to yourself to try ipython.  Perhaps it is the fervor of the
> recently converted, but I'm a big fan of it.
>
> "ipython -p pysh" is a wonder.

<blush>

Many thanks for the kind comment.  I really appreciate it.  I have no idea how
wide the ipython userbase is, and most projects (ipython is not alone here)
tend to hear from users only when there are bugs or missing features.

I work on ipython for fun and because I use it all day for my own research, so
I don't _expect_ any kind of 'reward'.  But this kind of response is one of
the small joys of working on something which turns out to be valued by others.

So with all sincerity, thank you.

Best,

ps.  I'm glad you like pysh, I think it's a pretty cool feature.  Coming soon:
gtk support so you can use matplotlib (or any other gtk/wx based program) with
ipython, with transparent mainloop thread support.  I'll try to post a
pre-release of this tomorrow on the ipython list.