[SciPy-user] distutils problem on cvs install under python 2.3

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Wed Feb 4 14:19:17 CST 2004

When I attempt a build of the latest cvs on a clean Debian Linux
install of python2.3, I get this old error message:

chris at redhead:/usr/src/scipy$ python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 25, in ?
     from scipy_distutils.core import setup
   File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/core.py", line 1, in ?
     from distutils.core import *
ImportError: No module named distutils.core

I thought this bug in distutils was squashed long ago. Am I missing
something here?

Thanks,
C.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia