[SciPy-user] Sparse Matrices

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Sat Feb 7 12:24:45 CST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> Christoph Ortner wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a chance that scipy will have support for sparse matrices
> > in the near future?
> > (e.g. pysparse -> http://people.web.psi.ch/geus/pyfemax/)
>
> It already does, but currently the automatic build on Windows is turned
> off (I'm not sure it builds on windows).

scipy.sparse does not build on Windows
- with mingw because some of the sources in SuperLU2.0 use sys/times.h,
  for instance, that is not available on non-posix system like Win32.
  This issue can be fixed by implementing sys/times.h features
  for windows.
- with cygwin because for some reasons _S and _C (if I remember correctly)
  in the definition of Dtype_t enum (in supermatrix.h) are defined
  by compiler and thus causing syntax error. This issue can be fixed by
  renaming Dtype_t items and replacing the corresponding occurrences
  elsewhere with the new names.

Pearu