[SciPy-user] scipy OS X compiling on a G3

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Feb 10 07:12:11 CST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2004, at 3:23 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>

> > On Feb 9, 2004, at 3:07 PM, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> >
> >> So, could you confirm that the following approach is correct:
> >>
> >> if os.path.exists('/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/'):
> >>   # use the following compiler flags:
> >>   #  -faltivec -framework vecLib
> >>   # and no additional libraries need to be specified when linking.
> >
> > I see no reason why that shouldn't work ...
>
> If you don't have developer tools installed, you probably don't have a
> compiler anyway.
>
> You should link to Accelerate.framework if it exists, and  vecLib
> otherwise.

As you may have noticed then I am ignorant what comes to OS X. So, how
your last remark applies to my suggestion? Is the following correct:

if os.path.exists('/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/'):
   # use the following compiler flags:
   #  -faltivec -framework Accelerate
   # and no additional libraries need to be specified when linking.
elif os.path.exists('/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/'):
   # use the following compiler flags:
   #  -faltivec -framework vecLib
   # and no additional libraries need to be specified when linking.
?

Thanks,
Pearu