[SciPy-user] building fortran extensions in scipy

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Feb 17 13:22:12 CST 2004

As I indicated in a previous post, I am trying to move some of the
distributions pdf and likelihood methods to FORTRAN in order to speed
them up for use in statistical simulation procedures (such as MCMC). I
have put together one such extension, and added it to the list of
modules in stats/setup_stats.py, as follows:

	# add futil and fdist modules
	sources = ['futil.f','fdist.f']
	sources = [os.path.join(local_path,x) for x in sources]
	for x in sources:
		ext = Extension(dot_join(parent_package,package,x),sources)
		config['ext_modules'].append(ext)

However, when I build scipy, I see that neither futil.so or fdist.so
exist in the scipy installation. How can I persuade scipy to install
them?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia