[SciPy-user] Disable ATLAS

Nils Wagner dr.nwagner at web.de
Sat Feb 21 14:27:17 CST 2004

SciPy Users List <scipy-user at scipy.net> schrieb am 21.02.04 07:46:32:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I disable the usage of ATLAS in scipy ?

There are several ways to do it, all are hackish currently.
E.g. set

  atlas_info={}

in lapack_opt_info.calc_info method in system_info.py file
or hide the location of atlas libraries from system_info.py.
Then you'll need Fortran blas and lapack installed.

But considering the current issue, you can either try out
different ALTAS versions or set
  force_clapack = 0
in the get_lapack_funcs() argument list. See linalg/lapack.py file.

I have disabled ATLAS. The problem with linalg.lu didn't vanish.
What can we do ?

from scipy import *
from RandomArray import *
n = 2
A = rand(n,n)+rand(n,n)*1j
X = zeros((n,n),Complex)
Ainv = linalg.inv(A)
print linalg.norm(dot(Ainv,A))
I = identity(n)+identity(n)*0j
#
# linalg.solve cannot handle complex rhs !!
#
#I = I.real
#
for i in arange(0,n):
   r = I[:,i]
   X[:,i] = linalg.solve(A,r)
#
# Should be the inverse of A as well !!!!
#
print
print 'X'
print