[SciPy-user] scipy.xplt.ghelp (2nd try ;-)

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Feb 26 11:34:34 CST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Pearu Peterson wrote:
[...]

> > How can I access this type of information from within python?
> > (Before scipy.xplt.ghelp("color") did the job).
>
> I am not familiar with the background of loosing scipy.xplt.ghelp but the
> following works:
>
> import scipy.xplt.helpmod
> scipy.xplt.helpmod.help('color')

Thanks, Pearu! I also just checked that putting a
  from helpmod import help as ghelp
into gist.py
restores the original behaviour, i.e. scipy.xplt.ghelp("color")
works as before.
So this is an easy temporary fix, but I think now that
all the doc-strings are there for the commands we
could with little effort also get the keywords into
one of the doc-strings (see my next message)

Best,

Arnd