[SciPy-user] compiling on Windows: getting closer

Gary Pajer pajer at iname.com
Sat Jan 3 18:49:54 CST 2004

> Could you try to find a work around to this compiler bug?
> Or just comment the offending function in specfun.f out in
> order to complete scipy completion.
>
> Pearu

Compiling on Windows, continued.
I short-circuited the functions in specfun.f that were causing problems.
Those functions are RMN2L and ASWFB, the radial and angular prolate and
oblate spherical functions of the first kind.
Hopefully, I've not created a land mine.  Now specfun.f compiles to
completion.

But I have a new problem, one that looks odd to my eye.  See below.  Is
there a command called "g" ?

BTW, if anyone can tell me that they've built scipy on Windows, and how they
did it, please contact me.
How did the Enthought people do it?

-gary

-----------------
c:\mingw\bin\gcc.exe -O2 -w -Wstrict-prototypes -IC:\PYTHON23\include -IC:\P
YTHO
N23\PC -c Lib\cluster\src/vq_wrap.cpp -o
build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\lib\cluste
r\src\vq_wrap.o
g -shared
build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\lib\cluster\src\vq_wrap.o -LC:\PYTHON23\l
ibs -LC:\PYTHON23\PCBuild -Lbuild\temp.win32-2.3 -lpython23 -lrootfind -lc_m
isc
-lcephes -o build\lib.win32-2.3\scipy\cluster\_vq.pyd
error: command 'g' failed: No such file or directory