[SciPy-user] compiling on Windows: getting closer

Gary Pajer pajer at iname.com
Mon Jan 5 18:25:12 CST 2004

copying g++.exe to g.exe ... brilliant.

Now it compiles to completion.  To install I had to use
python setup.py install --skip_build

Scipy seems to work, mostly.

I recompiled the original specfun.f as you suggested, but I'm not altogether
sure that the new specfun.o was linked in.  How can I ensure this?  .. I
guess I could see if the two functions I shorted are working...

 A few problems:  scipy.test() gives a few errors,  xplt doesn't seem to
work, plt doesn't seem to work, gplt *does* work.   I'll look into these
errors and report back. ( for reference I'll report how I shorted out the
functions.)