[SciPy-user] Running more than one applications using weave

Joshua Menke josh at cs.byu.edu
Tue Jan 27 10:11:35 CST 2004

I'm having problems when I run more than one app. using weave on the
same (dual-processor) computer. Both processes will often attempt to
create / delete / access the directories weave uses to store the
compiled code in at the same time, causing one of the applications to
fail. Is there a way to force weave to only use the local / current
directory for *all* its files? I know how to tell it which directory to
prefer using the PYTHONCOMPILED environment variables, but weave still
uses other directories for intermediate files (/tmp/%USER%/) and also
always tries to create and verify the default directory
~/.python_compiled. Is there a way to force it NOT to use anywhere but
the current directory? Or is there another way to fix this problem? I'd
like to be able to use a cluster of dual-procs machines we have, but the
same problem would occur on the machines.

In case you need more specific info on the most common error I see, it
happens when weave tries to verify a directory is writable. My first
application will create a dummy file then the second app will create
one, the first app will delete the dummy file, then the second app will
fail to delete the now non-existent dummy file, and the program
terminates on the uncaught exception.

thanks,

Josh

--