[SciPy-user] still cant save plots in OSX

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Jan 27 17:06:31 CST 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 3:07 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Months on, I am still unable to successfully save plots from
> scipy.gplt to files . I get no messages or errors, and most
> importantly, no png or jpg file.  Is there any way of getting better
> feedback from Scipy so that I can debug this?
>
> Using recent CVS version on OSX 10.3

An interesting result, following more investigation: when
scipy.gplt.output(filename,'png color') is called, no file is written.
However, when the second argument is changed to simply 'png', the file
is written, and in color! No idea why this works -- perhaps someone
with more gnuplot experience can shed light on it.

Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia