[SciPy-user] Installing under Windows - what am I doing wrong?

BLOCKLEY Adrian adrian.blockley at environment.wa.gov.au
Fri Jan 30 15:13:13 CST 2004

Hi All,

After successfully installing SciPi under Linux I decided to install under
Windows as I am investigating using SciPi for some cross platform software
that we are developing. The installation seems to have worked but when I
tried running some tests I get an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "J:\temp\PLATLIB\scipy\tests\test_basic.py", line 6, in ?
    import scipy_base.limits as limits
ImportError: No module named scipy_base.limits

Now I confess to being a total Python Newbie but it seems to me that I need
a module named scipy_base but I cannot find anything like this.
Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

I am running Python 2.2 under windows 2000.
I installed Scipy using SciPy-0.2.1_253.3691.win32-py2.2.exe

I've notice under the Linux install that there is a whole directory called
scipy_base but this seems to be missing in my windows install.

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian Blockley
Western Australian Department of Environment
123 Adelaide Tce
East Perth

Mailing address:
PO Box K822
Perth WA 6842

Ph:  +61 8 9278 0692
Fax: +61 8 9278 0639

Disclaimer:
This e-mail is confidential to the addressee and is the view of the writer, not necessarily that of the Department of Environmental Protection, which accepts no responsibility for the contents.
If you are not the addressee, please notify the Department by return e-mail and delete the message from your system.  You must not disclose or use this information in any way.
No warranty is made that this material is free from computer viruses.