[SciPy-user] BLAS optimized matrix multiplication

Kirill Lapshin kir at lapshin.net
Tue Jun 1 12:00:30 CDT 2004

Hello,

I am a new user, my apologies if that is a FAQ, but quick googling
around did not reveal much info.

I tried SciPy 0.3 with Numeric 23.1 on Windows, and dot seems to be very
slow, looks like it is not using ATLAS.

My quick research shows that there is a dotblas module, which is
optional in Numeric, and apparently binaries available from Numeric
sourceforge page do not include it (no wonder, they don't distribute ATLAS).

However, since SciPy does distribute ATLAS, would it be possible to
include dotblas in SciPy? Or maybe something similar already available
in SciPy but I don't see it?

On absolutely unrelated note, is there any plans on next release? I've
seen somewhere on scipy.org statement that you guys want to release
0.3.1 soon after 0.3. Just checking.

Thanks! And thanks for a nice product and all your hard work.

--Kirill