[SciPy-user] tracebacks when running tests

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Jun 4 00:32:17 CDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Elliot Peele wrote:

> > Btw, sometimes starting over from fresh and following closely provided
> > instructions will fix curious bugs ;-)
>
> I'm using g77 3.2.3 and I have gone back and followed to INSTALL.txt
> closely.

So, was there any success? Btw, up-to-date instructions for building scipy
can be found in

  http://www.scipy.org/documentation/buildscipy.txt

In my previous mail I was refering to INSTALL.txt `Known problems` section
where there is a hint what do to when getting 'undefined symbol: s_wsfe'
import errors. To be explicit, try this:

  rm -rf build
  python setup.py build build_ext -lg2c install

HTH,
Pearu