[SciPy-user] error: build/src/atlas321/fblas.pyf: No such file or directory

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Mon Jun 28 15:15:59 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Jason Rennie wrote:

> I'm trying to install SciPy from source.  I'm using Debian Sarge.
> I've installed all of the 'PREREQUISITES', i.e. these Debian packages:

Sorry, INSTALL.txt is a bit out-of-date. Use

  http://www.scipy.org/documentation/buildscipy.txt

instead.

>   python python-dev
>   python-numeric python-numeric-ext
>   atlas2-headers atlas2-sse2 atlas2-sse2-dev
>   gcc g++ g77
>
> I've also installed:
>
>   Scipy_core-0.3.0_108.1820
>   F2PY-2.39.235_1693

<snip>

> Here's the error I'm getting.  When I run 'python setup.py build', I get:
>
> -----8<-----
> generating fblas interface
> 20
> error: build/src/atlas321/fblas.pyf: No such file or directory
> jrennie at orava:/tmp/SciPy_complete-0.3$
>
> Any help is appreciated.  I've included lots of diagnostic information
> below and attached.

I suggest using atlas 3.6.0 instead of 3.2.1. I.e. install

  atlas3-headers atlas3-sse2 atlas3-sse2-dev

I am not sure whether uninstalling atlas2 would be required.

If that does not help then use CVS version of scipy and scipy_distutils.

HTH,
Pearu