[SciPy-user] Scipy build under win32

Massimo Sabbatini sabbatini at dea.unian.it
Mon Mar 8 04:20:02 CST 2004

Dear all,

I tried to build scipy (cvs checkout) under win32. I installed MinGW and
  followed quite closely Pearu's instructions at
http://cens.ioc.ee/~pearu/scipy/BUILD_WIN32.html
However, at the final scipy build stage, when I type

$ msys.py python setup.py build

I obtain the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 125, in ?
     setup_package(ignore_packages)
   File "setup.py", line 98, in setup_package
     parent_path=local_path)
   File "setup.py", line 59, in get_packages
     config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
   File "c:\build\scipy\Lib\integrate\setup_integrate.py", line 21, in
configuration
     raise NotFoundError,'no blas resources found'
scipy_distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: no blas resources found

However, my blas library is correctly found when I run system_info.py

Any hints, suggestions ?

Massimo