[SciPy-user] Problem when building scipy 0.3 for alpha OSF1

Jean-Luc Menut jeanluc.menut at free.fr
Wed May 19 08:54:47 CDT 2004

Hello,

I hope i'm writing in the good mailing list.

I have a problem when I build  scipy on my alpha (unix : OSF1):

After the compilation of python 2.2.3, the installation of Numeric 22.0
and F2PY-2.39.235, i install the binary of atlas 3.4.1 (for OSF1 of
course). When  i run python setup.py build, there is a lot a compilation
but after a moment it's stop :

I have this error  message :

g++ -shared -expect_unresolved *
build/temp.osf1-V5.1-alpha-2.2/vq_wrap.o
-Lbuild/temp.osf1-V5.1-alpha-2.2 -o
build/lib.osf1-V5.1-alpha-2.2/scipy/cluster/_vq.so
/usr/bin/ld:
Object file format error in: DEVELOPERS.txt: read_cur_obj_info: bad file
magic number(0x2e2e)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/ld:
Object file format error in: DEVELOPERS.txt: read_cur_obj_info: bad file
magic number(0x2e2e)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

1) it's look strange because there is a pb with ld and DEVELOPERS.txt
wich is a text file.
2)I can't try with the gnu ld because it don't work on alpha/OSF1
3) it's the same kind of error with a own compilated version of atlas
(3.6.0)
4)I don't know if there is a relation but I have a problem with  FFTW
too. I compile and install it without pb but the building script of
scipy don't see it.

Someone can help me ?

best regards,
Jean-Luc Menut