[SciPy-user] distribution.fit() methods

Jon Peirce Jonathan.Peirce at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 21 08:34:28 CDT 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to fit a weibull function to some data using Scipy. It looks
like I should be able to use exponweibull_gen.fit but I'm a bit puzzled
about the arguments. According to the code the arguments  (data, *args,
**kwds) are needed, where *args seems to contain the shape parameters
for the fit and **kwds contains the location and scale params.

But if I'm fitting a function, surely I want to give xData and yData and
*not* shape arguments (or maybe a first guess at those). Does anyone
know how to use these methods?

Jon