[SciPy-user] FYI: C++ Extensions for Python

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 1 22:13:42 CST 2004

    JH> Other wrapping libraries do more to automate the process of
    JH> wrapping.  But can any of them handle changing around the
    JH> input and output args as above to make the interface more
    JH> pythonic, w/o having to write some dedicated wrapper code.
    JH> Ie, in pyfort I believe you can declare arguments as input or
    JH> output and the wrapper will rearrange everything for you. Do
    JH> any of the C++ wrapper generators support this?

SWIG lets you define your own "typemaps" to do pretty much anything
you want to.

  http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Typemaps.html

Besides, to do what you wanted to do in your example there are
predefined SWIG libraries that let you do this easily.

  http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Arguments.html#Arguments_nn3

cheers,
prabhu