[SciPy-user] Help! More instances of "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'eig'"

zzzzt tzzzz nuttyputtyzzzzt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 06:32:59 CST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install SciPy.0.3.x on a beowulf cluster frontend running
Redhat 7.x (I don't know the exact version). I install everything in a
separate top dir, using a prebuilt ATLAS package for Linux.AthlonSSE1 and
the gnu f77 compiler. Installing python 2.3.4, Numeric 23-6 and f2py2e
goes smoothly; all tests run ok. Installing SciPy runs fine, with few
serious
error messages. However, when I import scipy in python (which is also not
a problem) and try to run the tests, 15 tests fail with the error message

"AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'eig'"

A web search led me to andrewl's message (link:
http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/scipy-user/2004-October/003486.html
). Running

>python setup.py clean --all; rm -rf build/

does nothing for me however (not even when I run it, or any combination
of it, for each separate package after each reinstall). The clean script
seems to run fine, but for the error message

>'build/bdist.linux-i686' does not exist -- can't clean it
>'build/scripts-2.3' does not exist -- can't clean it

I have no idea whether this is relevant or not. Has anyone else had this
problem? What log outputs should I submit to help solve the problem? As
I am entirely new to the world of python, I would be very grateful for
literal and simplified replies.

Sincerely, Erik McNellis