[SciPy-user] No luck: "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'eig'"

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Nov 5 07:09:15 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, zzzzt tzzzz wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> First of all, I apologize for spamming. I thought my first two tries bounced.
> Second, yes, I use the prebuilt atlas binaries from
> http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/ , for my architecture. I
> have, to the extent of my ability, tried to follow the instructions in
> http://www.scipy.org/documentation/buildscipy.txt  to the letter, and I still
> get 15 failed tests with the error message above. I am enclosing the output
> of the
>> python system_info.py;
> run (the file is probably easiest viewed with emacs or vi or an equivalent
> program).

The problem is that system_info picks up threaded version of atlas
libraries from /usr/local/lib (that probably do not contain a complete
lapack and has version 3.4.1) instead of the ones from
/home/erik/NewInstall/lib.

Are you using scipy_distutils from CVS? I thought I have fixed such
problems in CVS. I'll look into again to find out a proper solution to
avoid such problems in future..

One workaround would be to use threaded version of atlas libraries that
you can also download from

   http://www.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/linux/

Pearu