[SciPy-user] installing SciPy without plotting facilities...

Giovanni Samaey Giovanni.Samaey at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Nov 8 11:02:38 CST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install Python + SciPy for use on an Opteron cluster.
(with the aim of running parallel later on).  However, due to
an "incompatible" X11, the linking step fails when building scipy
submodules which depend on X11.  I trust these are only gplt, xplt, etc.

Since they cannot be used anyway (the cluster is remote, and there is no
x-forwarding),
I might as well shut down these features.
How do I tell the installation script that I do not want plotting features?

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Samaey		 	http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~giovanni/
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven 	      email: giovanni at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Departement Computerwetenschappen                  phone: +32-16-327081
Celestijnenlaan 200A, B-3001 Heverlee, Belgium       fax: +32-16-327996
Office: A04.36