[SciPy-user] error linking to libg2c on 64-bit machine

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Nov 10 12:15:29 CST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Giovanni Samaey wrote:

> OK, sorry.  I presumed that being specific would be "too much info" :-)
> The working libg2c.so file is
> /apps/prod/local64/lib64/libg2c.so
>
> According to the sys-admin, working x11 libraries are to be found (not tested
> by me) in
> /apps/prod/xlib64/
> and  ls  /apps/prod/xlib64/ gives

Thanks. These locations look strange enough to be considered as
nonstandard locations (I tried google(/apps/prod/local64) and got no
results) and using site.cfg might be the proper way to go. See the header
of scipy_distutils/system_info.py file as well as of sample_site.cfg.

Another approach would be to use build_ext -L flag, e.g try

   python setup.py build_ext -L/apps/prod/local64/lib64 build

to specify the location of libg2c.so.

To resolve x11 libraries problem, you should probably use site.cfg file.

Pearu