[SciPy-user] error linking to libg2c on 64-bit machine

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Mon Nov 15 14:27:48 CST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Giovanni Samaey wrote:

> OK.  We are really approaching the end now.
> Fitpack got compiled!
>
> The next error is due to x11 not being correctly pointed to.
> In site.cfg I put
> [x11]
> library_dirs = /apps/prod/xlib64
>
> but this doesn't do enough.

According to your previous messages, libX11.a is not in /apps/prod/xlib64,
just .so files are there. Btw, does libX11.so exist in /apps/prod/xlib64?
Probably not as this would explain why /apps/prod/xlib64 was ignored.

> Anyway, we are promised x-forwarding, so at some point this has to be fixed
> anyway, even if we can avoid building this now.

I agree. I hope that your sysadmin can install 64-bit X11 developers
package that should contain libX11.a. If not, we can figure something out
to use X11 .so files.

But until then, you can force undetecting X11 libraries by setting

   x11_libs = noX11

in [x11] section of site.cfg file. That should give you a change to
complete scipy build.

Pearu