[SciPy-user] the wikis

David Grant david at dwavesys.com
Wed Nov 17 14:01:04 CST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> David Grant schrieb:
>
>> I think this wiki should be transformed into wiki format.  I'm new to
>> the zope/zwiki format, but I tried converting the first section.
>> What is the best reference out there which explains zwiki syntax?
>

> I wrote it up in html because it was a large page of links, and using
> mozilla composer made the whole process *FAR* more efficient.  I was
> extremely happy to see that I could just drop the page into the wiki
> by pasting the raw html and that the wiki just did the right thing.
>
> I guess I don't care about reformattings, but please be careful: I
> noticed that the table of contents was already all mangled up from
> what I put up yesterday (I don't know if this was the product of your
> changes or someone else).

That was me, sorry.  It looked way worse before I partially fixed my own
reformattings.

> I am not going to babysit that page, but if anyone is going to do
> wholesale internal reformattings, at least make sure that the final
> result still works.  Otherwise, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!  If
> those internal 'fixes' are just going to break stuff, just leave the
> html alone, please. It's not exactly a hard format to write (and I say
> this as someone who has written about 3 webpages in his whole life,
> all of them plain text, so I'm not exactly a web design expert).

I personally prefer if everything is in wiki format as it is a hell of a
lot easier to edit.  Wiki formatting should be able to handle anything
HTML can do, and if not, then HTML can be used for those specific parts.

I'm surprised zwiki is so complicated. I've edited using Twiki and
wikipedia many times and it is much more straightforward (for headings
for example).  There doesn't seem to be any link on the scipy page for
"formatting rules" as there are in twiki and wikipedia.  I managed to
find some docs but they weren't very helpful.  If anyone knows any links
which explain the formatting plainly and clearly with examples (for
headings for example).

> Cheers,

> ps. These comments are general, not necessarily directed to David, so
> please don't take any of it personally.

David J. Grant
Scientific Officer
Intellectual Property
D-Wave Systems Inc.
tel: 604.732.6604
fax: 604.732.6614

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, is
confidential. The information is intended only for use by the recipient
named above. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
information received in error is strictly prohibited.