[SciPy-user] Re: Scipy.org layout

Travis N. Vaught travis at enthought.com
Thu Nov 18 10:35:08 CST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> <snip>

> Much better, thanks.  A minor nit: is it possible to have the blue
> code boxes line their text inside of them flush left by default?  Look
> at how they open by default:
>
> http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/fperez/tmp/scipy_plottut.png
>
> all the extra left space causes unnecessary scroll bars to appear.
> Perhaps a tiny bit of whitespace is good for aesthetic reasons, but
> one or two fixed-width spaces should be enough, I think.

Hey Fernando,

I just looked into this and I'm running into a limitation of the
Structured Text processor.  From a docstring in ClassicStructuredText.py:

- Sub-paragraphs of a paragraph that ends in the word 'example' or the
  word 'examples', or '::' is treated as example code and is output as is.

The problem here is that, when using ST, in order to define a
"sub-paragraph", you have to use white space indentation.  This
indentation, however, is preserved by the <pre> tag that gets put around
the sub-paragraph.  Note, the additional space is not a function of the
style sheet definition for <pre>-- that looks to be OK.

Regards,

Travis