[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 23 14:24:31 CST 2004

Joe Cooper schrieb:

> One thing we're doing with the next version is to integrate IPython as
> kind of the de facto interactive python.  There's a scipy config file
> that works well and makes writing tutorials simpler, since it's possible
> to preload all of the relevant modules.

I'm obviously very happy to see this in.  One comment: I was planning on using
this Thanksgiving weekend to push an ipython 0.6.5 out, including the
reactivation of the wx/gtk threading code thanks to Prabhu.  This is a fairly
significant enhancement, since apparently it allows users to get interactive
control of wx/gtk apps with a far lighter solution than gui_thread.  Is this
timing bad for you?  If it helps coordinate things, I can _promise_ to have it
out by Sunday night, or even Saturday if it makes a difference.

As I _really_ expect this to be the 'end of the road' for ipython while I
rewrite it, it would be really nice to get this threading functionality
shipped out to all Enthon Win/OSX users.

Cheers,