[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Tue Nov 23 14:50:15 CST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Joe Cooper schrieb:
>
>> One thing we're doing with the next version is to integrate IPython as
>> kind of the de facto interactive python.  There's a scipy config file
>> that works well and makes writing tutorials simpler, since it's
>> possible to preload all of the relevant modules.
>

> I'm obviously very happy to see this in.  One comment: I was planning on
> using this Thanksgiving weekend to push an ipython 0.6.5 out, including
> the reactivation of the wx/gtk threading code thanks to Prabhu.  This is
> a fairly significant enhancement, since apparently it allows users to
> get interactive control of wx/gtk apps with a far lighter solution than
> gui_thread.  Is this timing bad for you?  If it helps coordinate things,
> I can _promise_ to have it out by Sunday night, or even Saturday if it
> makes a difference.

Don't kill yourself to get it done, Fernando.

I plan to release the next Enthon around about the end of next week, or
whenever it is ready.  The scary packages have been dealt with, so I
don't foresee any problems rolling a few late changes in, especially
with packages that are relatively painless, like IPython.

> As I _really_ expect this to be the 'end of the road' for ipython while
> I rewrite it, it would be really nice to get this threading
> functionality shipped out to all Enthon Win/OSX users.

I can wait until you've got a release of IPython you're happy with.