[SciPy-user] problems with scipy.test() on Opteron 64-bit

Giovanni Samaey Giovanni.Samaey at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Nov 25 09:43:01 CST 2004

Hi Pearu,

> Now try building Fortran lapack without optimization flags and see if
> you still get incorrect results.

I get correct results now!  To finish completely, I will gradually
increase the optimization flags until where
it starts failing; and meanwhile I will try to persuade the system
administration to upgrade the compilers.
Maybe the newer compilers handle optimization flags better.

Anyway, the computational part of SciPy is now completely functional.
The only thing that needs a little more work is the X11 support.  I
turned that off completely last time by including x11_libs = noX11 in
site.cfg.  But I have a libX11.so file
available, if I would be able to link with that.

Pearu, I have noticed that you will be in Florida in February.  So am I,
so I will definitely buy you beers!

Best,

Giovanni