[SciPy-user] switch columns

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Fri Nov 26 18:26:00 CST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
> When A is a Numeric array, slicing it produces a view on that slice of
> the array rather than producing a copy.

> Apparently (I don't use the mat object, so I'm no authority here),
> slicing a mat object yields a copy, not a view.

>From chapter 11 of the Numeric documentation:

    Matrix.py

    The Matrix.py python module defines a class Matrix which
    is a subclass of UserArray. The only differences between
    Matrix instances and UserArray instances is that the *
    operator on Matrix performs a matrix multiplication, as
    opposed to element-wise multiplication, and that the
    power operator ** is disallowed for Matrix instances.

So, this documentation is radically wrong, right?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac