[SciPy-user] RPM building trouble

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Oct 5 02:32:47 CDT 2004

    MR>  from scipy import plt import gui_thread gui_thread.start()
    MR>  plt.plot((1,2,3))

You should always import and start gui_thread before importing any
other package that uses wxPython.  But in this case that should not be
a problem since plt does not import wxPython immediately.

Could you please restart Python and try the same commands once again
(immediately after it fails).  It should work then.  If it does not,
please let the list know.  Thanks.

BTW, I am able to use gui_thread to run wxPython applications even
from IDLE.  I just tested with the complete wxPython demo and it runs
fine from inside IDLE.

cheers,
prabhu