[SciPy-user] g2c-pic

David Grant david at dwavesys.com
Thu Oct 28 12:16:33 CDT 2004

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, David Grant wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where the g2c-pic library is from?  I'm trying to
>> build the arpack python extension but it needs g2c-pic.  I have g2c
>> on my computer but not g2c-pic.  It builds fine with just g2c but I'm
>> not sure what the difference is between the two.
>

> g2c-pic is g2c with a difference that its content is compiled with
> -fPIC flag enabled.

I've seen -fPIC used a lot...  Just looked at it's description on man
gcc and I'm thinking that this will work on my machine but perhaps not
on others?

Dave

--
David J. Grant
Scientific Officer

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, is
confidential. The information is intended only for use by the recipient
named above. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
information received in error is strictly prohibited.