[SciPy-user] Ipython weirdness!

Gary Pajer gpajer at rider.edu
Thu Aug 11 09:34:23 CDT 2005

Howey, David A wrote:

>I'd be most grateful if anyone could help with this problem.
>Thanks
>Dave
>
>________________________________

Sorry I can't be specific.   But you may save time by just uninstalling
everything and reinstalling.  It doesn't take that long on Windows.

I googled CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS  and discovered:
**
"
CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS** (0x0017)

    The file system directory that contains the directories for the
    common program groups that appear on the *Start* menu for all users.
    A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    Menu\Programs. Valid only for Windows NT systems.
"

I don't know exactly if that helps.  You could check and see if
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs exists on your
system.   (Did that folder exist in Win98??    I can't recall ... Win98
was not based on NT ...     HTH a little bit.

-g