[SciPy-user] bug or feature

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Tue Aug 16 08:32:13 CDT 2005

> Calling type() in both cases yields:
>
> <type 'NoneType'>
> and
> <type 'array'>
Oh yes.

> so only the first is really None, the second is an array object which
> contains 'None'. You can check that with
> if a is array(None):
>    print 'None'
>
> In what cases is that behaviour causing problems? Why do you need that
> kind of arrays?
I don't need it, but my class I'd like to initialize every instance
object either with an array or None (or some meta data), depending on
the data given by my detector. So, I guess the best solution is to
initialize with None instead of using the array.
Well sometimes I just have do admit that I don't see the wood for all
the trees. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Regards,
Christian