[SciPy-user] Pointers installing scipy on OS X

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:04:18 CDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Lance Boyle <lanceboyle at cwazy.co.uk> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Rick Muller wrote:
>
> > I'm having trouble installing scipy on my OS X computer.
> >
> > I have been following the excellent instructions at:
> > http://www.scipy.org/documentation/Members/fonnesbeck/osx_build.txt
> > but I'm still having problems.
> >

> This isn't The Macintosh Way; it's the unix way.
>
> I wonder if someone could make a proper installer.
>
> Jerry

I dont buy that -- it implies mac users are dolts that cant compile
their own software. If you are using scipy, you are likely a scientist
and should be expected to type "python setup.py install" occasionally.

Rick, could you provide the full output from your attempted build --
that will help me diagnose the problem.

Chris