[SciPy-user] Compiler problem with Weave

Ganesh V ganesh_v at iitm.ac.in
Sun Aug 21 06:44:43 CDT 2005

Hi!

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 04:29:07PM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     Ganesh>   import scipy
>     Ganesh>   from Numeric import *
>     Ganesh>   a = arange(25)
>     Ganesh>   x = []
>
> Replace "x = []" with "x = zeros(25)" or if you have a recent enough
> Numeric "x = empty(25)" and this should work.

  "x=empty(25)" worked, but Weave DID NOT. The same problems again. I
  found that even "inline" doesn't work. It works for ordinary printf
  statements and other small stuff fine. But not for Numeric arrays
  that I used. The error of inline also looked similar to the error
  that I got with "weave.blitz". Is it a problem with the conversion
  of datatype that is being passed in?

  On the Website it was put up that weave has been tested only with
  gcc 2.95. Mine is gcc4. Can that be a problem?

--
Ganesh V
Undergraduate student,

My homepage: http://www.ae.iitm.ac.in/~ae03b007