[SciPy-user] problem using interp2d

James Boyle boyle5 at llnl.gov
Thu Aug 25 09:35:39 CDT 2005

An implementation of Watson's code is provided in NCAR Graphics v. 4.4.
The routine the specific code is called natgrid in the NgMath package.
There are several packages for
interpolation which are robust and I find work very well.
NCAR Graphics are freely available in source and binary BUT under
the GNU GPL - I am blissfully ignorant of the implications of the GPL
but for personal use NCARG is the only place to get Watson's rather
nice algorithm.

--Jim