[SciPy-user] use of rv_continuous "fit"?

lindeman at bard.edu lindeman at bard.edu
Sat Aug 27 10:11:38 CDT 2005

Evidently I haven't grasped the Zen of SciPy's rv_continuous classes. I am
trying to compose a simple snippet of code that would fit a normal curve to a
vector of data (say, [-2.0, -1.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0]) -- which .fit seems
that it ought to do, with about three lines of code, but I can't figure out the
three lines. And I can't seem to find a single use of .fit anywhere on the Web.
Sigh. Could someone please rescue the newbie?

Best,
Mark Lindeman