[SciPy-user] egg dependency?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 2 16:10:56 CST 2005

John Hunter wrote:

>Hey Robert --
>
>Trying to workout the scipy core integration with mpl using the Daishi
>patch.  I just installed scipy_core-0.6.1.  Daishi does
>
>from scipy.fftpack import

Apparently our magic is not working completely.   The idea is to have
something that works the same for both basic scipy and full scipy if and
when it gets installed.

scipy.fftpack is just an alias as you can see later to where the real
functions are defined.

I guess we actually need to install a simple fftpack sub-package that
gives the correct behavior and do this for linalg as well.

For now,  you can't import all the variables like this.  Access them
underneath the scipy.fftpack namespace.    But, some of the simpler
things like fft are already under scipy.

So from scipy import fft should work.

-Travis