[SciPy-user] FFT troubles

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 9 14:46:13 CST 2005

Rob Managan wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out where my FFts are
>going bad with the latest svn version of scipy. This has been going
>on for a few weeks.
>Mac OSX 10.3.9, python 2.4.1
>
>I have fftw-2.1.5 installed and 'make check' reports no problems.

This looks like a problem with the interface to fftw.   Would you agree?

Pearu knows the most about this particular section of code.   It looks
like his
module is generically calling the fftw library.  I don't know if all of
the supported
routines have the same calling conventions.

Perhaps something else is going on to make it work with fftw.  Do fft's
work with the default fft?

Do scipy.basic.fft and scipy.basic.ifft  from scipy core work as expected?

-Travis