[SciPy-user] scipy on XP isnt happening

Martin Somers msomers at mail.ie
Tue Dec 13 02:29:32 CST 2005

Trying  to in stall a single plotting package for scipy and its
not happening,

I must have some strange configuration as most
my  efforts  under  XP  were fruitless,

trying to install chaco using  python  setup.py build python setup.py install I getting an  import error of no module names seup_agg (which seems to be part  of swig)

The only other thing I can think of is that I’ve downloaded  Unix  files  and  trying  to  run  them….

Surely an installation  can’t  be  that difficult, by the way I dont see a default  plotting package in scipy well those that I have tried wont  work

Any  ideas  on  how to get scipy out of its box and running

I also seem  to  be having a lot of trouble with the files
housed in the distutils folder … what do they do

Any help would be appreciated
later