[SciPy-user] scipy on XP isnt happening

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Tue Dec 13 08:16:56 CST 2005

Gary Pajer schrieb:
> Martin Somers wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>
>>when i try installing scipy_core
>>python setup.build
>>python setup.install .....

Maybe I don't understand your (ie., Martin's) problem, but the installation on windwos with the
binary installers is actually quite simple, no need to do builds, compilations and distutils stuff
on your own.

>From your earlier message it seems maybe you're missing the win32-extensions of python? (Before
installing scipy and stuff.)

I used, in that order (as admin, but have also installed on a different machine w/o admin rights,
but of course only in "my documents"):
python-2.4.2.msi
pywin32-205.win32-py2.4.exe (these are the infamous extensions mentioned above)
scipy_core-0.6.1.win32-py2.4.exe
scipy-0.4.3.win32-py2.4.exe
(can add wxPython here as well if you like)

and then for matplotlib:
Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.4.exe (should/will be unnecessary in the future)
matplotlib-0.85.win32-py2.4.exe