[SciPy-user] Scipy distutils swig how to ?

jaonary@free.fr jaonary at free.fr
Tue Dec 13 09:20:29 CST 2005

Hi all,

I have a yet another problem in building a c++ extension to scipy with swig.
After managing to find a little hack with the type mapping and scipy arrays I
have now, a build problem. I code in c++, and I want to use distutils. My
setup.py looks like this :

from scipy.disutils.core import setup, Extension

setup(name='_mymodule',ext_modules =
[swig_opts='-c++',language='c++',sources=...]

Now, when I run python setup.py build. The swig command doesn't use the '-c++'m
generate a C code and compile it with gcc!

How to get a C++ code and compil it with g++ ?

Thanks