[SciPy-user] Bug in inverse matrix calculation for "scipy_core-0.8.4.win32-py2.3.exe"

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Dec 14 16:27:02 CST 2005

Randewijk P-J <pjrandew at sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Dear Travis,
>
> Thank-you for the "silent" version (0.8.4) of scipy_core.
>
> Unfortunately when trying to invert a singular matrix using scipy_core
> 0.8.4, python "crashes" instead of issuing the usual error message:

I'm not seeing this. I'm getting the proper error message.  Can you show
us the matrix you are using and give more information about the platform.

Also, try it when the environment variable NO_SCIPY_IMPORT=1

import os
os.environ['NO_SCIPY_IMPORT']=1  # this will not import full scipy but
use only scipy_core\
import scipy

Full scipy installs its own (hopefully better) matrix inverse.  We need
to figure out which one is giving you trouble.

-Travis