[SciPy-user] Failed build (AGAIN)

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Sun Dec 18 06:29:30 CST 2005

On 18/12/2005, at 4:26 AM, Frank wrote:

> Oh my goodness, I have found the problem and it is so stupid I cannot
> even believe it. I am so sorry for badgering folks on the list.
>
> You all have been very patient and helpful.
>
> Thank you so much,

Hi Frank.  I'm glad you solved the problem.  Would you mind telling
us what you were missing?  It's clearly not an easy process, and,
even if we can't find a way to make it easier, perhaps we can start
compiling an installation FAQ that answers questions like "Why am I
getting this?" with "Check you did that".  The good folks at Argonne
have something like this for PETSc and TAO (which are even scarier to
install).

-- Ed