[SciPy-user] totally bogged down install on fedora core 4

Joshua L. Adelman jadelman at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Dec 20 10:19:59 CST 2005

What's the difference between the scipy_core version 0.8.4 that's
available at sourceforge vs the one that's on the svn? According to
Chris's installation instructions on the scipy website, he recommends
getting both the core and the full scipy from svn.

Josh

On Dec 20, 2005, at 7:08 AM, Ed Schofield wrote:

> Our website and documentation are a real mess at the moment.  First
> off,
> you probably want the newer version 0.8.4 of scipy core.  It's
> available
> from the Download link at http://numeric.scipy.org/.  Get the file
> called scipy_core-0.8.4.tar.gz, unpack it, and run "python setup.py
> install" (as root) from the source directory.  But before doing this
> completely remove the existing installation, e.g. with:
>
> rm -Rf /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy
>
> as root.
>
> Then test it out with

> If all's well and you want to install full scipy too, I suggest you
> get
> it from subversion:
>
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy
> cd scipy
> python setup.py install
>
> If you have any problems see the last few months' posts to this
> mailing
> list.
>
> -- Ed

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group              Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall                                Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley     http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/
~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA                   jadelman at ocf.berkeley.edu