[SciPy-user] Mac installers for scipy, etc.

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:45:01 CST 2005

Hi Brian,

If you plan on using f2py, you should have a FORTRAN compiler, and
fftw 2.1.5 seems to work (although there have been reports of spurious
output recently on both Mac and Windows).

I have built and installed scipy_core and scipy on my powerbook with
gcc 4.0 without a hitch. A month ago this did not work, but appears to
now. Let me know if it causes any problems for you.

C.

On 12/21/05, Brian Granger <bgranger at scu.edu> wrote:
> What dependencies are there for these (like fortran and fftw)?
>
> Also, how are you using gcc 4.0?  I thought nobody had gotten it to work on the Mac yet?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian Granger
>

> Brian Granger, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of Physics
> Santa Clara University
> bgranger at scu.edu
> Phone: 408-551-1891
> Fax: 408-554-6965
> For interested OS X users, I have provided mpkg installers for
> scipy_core and scipy from svn, as well as matplotlib 0.85.1 (cvs) and
> numarray 1.5.1. These were all built on OS X 10.4 on Python 2.4.2.
>
> http://trichech.us/mac
>
> Enjoy.
>
> --
> Chris Fonnesbeck
> Atlanta, GA

> This message scanned for viruses and SPAM by GWGuardian at SCU (MGW1)

Chris Fonnesbeck
Atlanta, GA