[SciPy-user] Packaging Changes to Core in SVN

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sun Dec 25 04:18:45 CST 2005

Hi folks and Merry Christmas,

I hope this is the last of the major changes to the scipy core
structure.  After playing around with various alternative homes for the
fft, linear algebra, and random number routines, I think (with Robert's
suggestiong) we've found a permanent home for them under

scipy.corefft
scipy.corelinalg
scipy.corerandom

In these packages we will try to import the full scipy versions of any
routines (fft and inv in particular) so that full scipy installs can
have improved (but possibly difficult to install) versions of these
basic routines.

I am of a mind to get rid of lib out of scipy_core and move mtrand to
scipy.  Then move dotblas to base and be done with the lib directory in
scipy_core.   I'm beginning to see the wisdom in "flat is better than
nested"

If we can get the any wrinkles out of the new structure, I'd like to
make another release after the new year so that the improved packaging
can start getting used.

Best,

-Travis